Originally known as Braintrim (see above) and Skinner's Eddy (see below), the area for a couple centuries was a camping grounds for Indians of the Tuscarora tribe.
When the Laceyville toll bridge was completed across the Susquehanna in 1899, the fare was five cents for pedestrians and 25 cents for horses.
The local version of Lake Como is located southeast of Starrucca in the far-northeast corner of the commonwealth. Winola, whose named means "water lily," was a daughter of an Indian chief.
Her involvement with a white captive brought dishonor, and once, while looking at her reflection in a lake, she saw an image of her father in war paint.
In the early 1900s, two companies combined operations to take advantage of Bradford county's extensive lumbering opportunities.